This document is a guideline in order to trade using Waves. We have a section for new users where we explain the account setup, followed by an explanation on how to trade, deposit or withdraw.
New users: Gateway account setup
Creating an account on our Waves Gateway platform is very simple.
- You visit https://waves.xtrabytes.global/ and choose Continue with web
- Click on Get Started and follow the steps to create your new account.
- Remember to write down your seed phrase, as you'll need it later!
Now you have a gateway account with an address for XBY and XFUEL. You can import the seed phrase from this account into the official Waves Exchange.
Import your seed phrase into the Waves Exchange
- Visit https://waves.exchange/
- Choose Get Started in the upper right corner
- After choosing your password, you'll be able to click on Import Accounts
- Choose Seed or Key on the next screen and input the seed phrase you got from creating your account on https://waves.xtrabytes.global/.
Congratulations, you've now successfully imported your gateway account onto the Waves Exchange. You can now use https://waves.exchange/ to trade XBY and XFUEL and https://waves.xtrabytes.global to deposit or withdraw your coins.
Waves gateway - information
To deposit or withdraw XBY or XFUEL coins from the Waves platform, you have to use our gateway. You can reach our gateway using this link: https://waves.xtrabytes.global/
You can import the seed of your Xtrabytes Waves account on the normal Waves platform at https://waves.exchange/ to trade XBY or XFUEL. You can also use 2 accounts side by side, and use our Waves platform purely as a gateway for depositing or withdrawing XBY or XFUEL from or to the Waves platform.
We are looking to make trading available again on our gateway so you only have to use 1 link but are depending on the development of Waves to continue this. Later on, this process will be much simpler using X-CHANGE.
How to trade on Waves
To send your XFUEL/XBY to the address on the Waves platform, please use the following procedure:
- To deposit BTC or coins other than XFUEL or XBY, you must use the waves.exchange.
- To deposit XFUEL or XBY, you must use https://waves.xtrabytes.global/
- Visit https://waves.xtrabytes.global/
- Click on your coin of choice and click Receive
- Copy your receive address.
- Open your local wallet and send your desired amount of coins to the receive address you just copied.
- We strongly advise using coin control if you’re not sending the entire amount available in your wallet. More info on this available on https://support.xtrabytes.global/hc/en-us/articles/360000574871-How-to-use-coin-control
- After 6 confirmations, you should receive your transferred coins at your Waves wallet.
Trading on Waves is very similar to trading on your everyday exchanges.
- Visit https://waves.exchange/
- In the top left section of the Waves client, choose the trading option to access the markets.
- In the search box (top left) you can either enter XFUEL or XTRABYTES (XBY does not work) and you will see all the available pairs, including XTRABYTES/XFUEL. It's important to make sure you are in the “ALL” section, otherwise you will only see the pair for Waves, BTC or ETH, depending which is highlighted.
- You can now place buy or sell orders like on any other exchange.
- To withdraw BTC or coins other than XFUEL or XBY, you must use the waves.exchange.
- To withdraw XFUEL or XBY, you must use https://waves.xtrabytes.global/
- At the top left, click the Wallet icon to return to the Assets section.
- Click Send beneath the coin you wish to withdraw.
- Enter your recipient address.
- Enter the amount of coins you wish to withdraw.
- Click continue and within a short period of time, your coins should arrive. You can follow the transaction on our block explorers.
You can contact us on Discord or through our support website if you have any questions or issues. Happy trading!