This document is a guideline in order to trade using Waves. If you have any questions or encounter issues while trading please contact our tech support: https://support.xtrabytes.global/hc/en-us
** temporally update for excisting waves users**
Our Waves gateway is still functional and secure for deposits and withdrawals.
However, at this time the trading platform is not accessible from our gateway.
Therefore, you will need to use 2 windows and 2 platforms;
- one for deposits & withdrawals (our gateway / waves portal : https://waves.xtrabytes.global/ )
- the other for trading (The waves portal : https://waves.exchange/ )
As the Waves project finalizes their migration, we will upgrade our gateway with hopes that it will continue to function as it always did, with trading available directly through our gateway.
There is no guarantee of this at this time, but we will do our best to make this work.
In order to trade, you’ll need an active Waves account. You can create this using the following procedure:
Visit https://waves.xtrabytes.global/ (If you have never accessed this site or the official waves site, you should not have a cache issue. Otherwise, if you have accessed either in the past, you must clear your cache. To do so, here is the process:
- When you hit the site, before the blue loading line finishes, click refresh.
- Now do 2 more full refreshes of the page.
- Create a new account . If you have another account you can use it but it will not include the XBY and XFUEL assets automatically and there are no logos for our coins unless using our Waves client. You can simply transfer your tokens to the new account, or use both. Remember to make backups and never share your private keys or credentials!
Make sure you use the online version of Waves, this is where the gateway for XFUEL and XBY is active!
To send your XFUEL/XBY to the address on the Waves platform, please use the following procedure:
- Click the receive option on either XBY or XFUEL. Keep in mind that there is a minimum feeof 3 coins [one for every transfer: the first transfer is from your local wallet to the coverage wallet, the second is from the coverage wallet to the Waves token wallet and finally the third is from Waves token wallet to your Waves user wallet]. If you transfer less than 20 coins, there will be an additional fee of 1 coin added - this applies to both XBY and XFUEL.
- Copy your receive address.
- Open your local wallet and send your desired amount of coins to the receive address you just copied.
- We strongly advise to use coin control if you’re not sending the entire amount available in your wallet. More info on this available on: https://support.xtrabytes.global/hc/en-us/articles/360000574871-How-to-use-coin-control
- After 6 confirmations, you should receive your transferred coins at your Waves wallet.
Trading on Waves is very similar to trading on your everyday exchanges.
- In the top left section of the Waves client, choose the trading option to access the markets.
- In the search box (top left) you can either enter XFUEL or XTRABYTES (XBY does not work) and you will see all the available pairs, including XTRABYTES/XFUEL. It's important to make sure you are in the “ALL” section, otherwise you will only see the pair for: Waves, BTC or ETH, depending which is highlighted.
- You can now place buy or sell orders like on any other exchange.
- It’s important to note that certain transactions and transfers require a small amount of Waves token to pay the systems fees.
- You can buy Waves with any available coin inside the system that you already have, or you can buy with either one of our coins.
- At the top left, click the Wallet icon to return to the Assets section.
- Click Send beneath the coin you wish to withdraw.
- Enter your recipient address.
- Enter the amount of coins you wish to withdraw.
- Click continue and within a short period of time, your coins should arrive. You can follow the transaction on our block explorers.