This tutorial will explain how to install the desktop wallet software.
1. Find a suitable location on your hard drive and create a folder for the software.
2. Move the wallet software to the folder.
3. Make a shortcut to the wallet on your desktop or pin to your taskbar.
4. Start the wallet software using the shortcut that you created. Wait for the software to connect to the network and start synchronizing the blockchain. Once it is fully synchronized, the wallet is ready for use. If the synchronization stops for a longer period, restart the wallet software.
1. Open the downloaded 'xtrabytes-Qt-OSX-vXXXX.dmg' file.
2. Move the application 'xtrabytes-Qt.app' to your Applications folder.
3. From the Applications folder, open the application to start the wallet software.
4. Wait for the wallet to start up and finish syncing with the Blockchain.
5. Ready to use.
It is highly recommended that you set a password to keep your wallet safe. This is explained in more detail in the next tutorial, ’How to encrypt your wallet’. To learn how to use the wallet, see the tutorial ’How to use the XTRABYTES wallet’.