Sometimes a wallet can give the impression it's not syncing or it has crashed. The best way to find out what is going on is by using a tool like BareTail.
This tutorial will explain step-by-step how to do it.
Note for Mac users: the log file can be opened using Console.app via the right-click menu. You can find the log file here: $HOME/Library/Application Support/xtrabytes/ OR /Users/username/Library/Application Support/xtrabytes/ ,on a mac the files can be hidden. Press Command + Shift + . to temporarily unhide the files
1. Download BareTail for Windows: https://www.baremetalsoft.com/baretail/download.php?p=a
2. Open the program
3. Click the "Open" button at the top
4. Browse to the %appdata%\xtrabytes folder. (You can do this by just typing %appdata% in the bar and you should arrive in the "DRIVELETTER:\Users\USERNAME\Appdata\Roaming" folder. Select the xtrabytes folder.)
5. Select the debug.log file
6. Click "Open"
7. Now you should see the live logging in the debug.log file.
8. If you need help with understanding the contents, please submit a ticket.